Trust is your body armour, your new-found persona and something that sets you apart from those around you.
I had prepared myself for the physical challenge of this race and to a certain degree the mental challenge but what I didn’t prepare myself for was the strange altered states of consciousness that brought with it some very disconcerting hallucinations. Thankfully I felt comfortable with 98% of what I saw, the other 2% still leaves me a little frightened.
The definition is “consisting of or relating to a diet of organic wholefoods which is based on Buddhist principles of the balance of yin and yang.” When it comes to a macrobiotic meal, it’s about a natural balance, a simplified form of balanced eating comprised of all the macronutrients; carbohydrates, protein and fat.
He was a man nutritionally ahead of his time. He knew how to skull a can….a can of spinach and immediately felt the benefits of being fuelled and powered by green. Popeye was my childhood hero both in stature and diet. We are influenced by those we see on TV and for me, Popeye had more of an influence than I ever knew at the time.
“Our bodies want to be healthy, if we would just let them. That’s what these new research articles are showing: Even after years of beating yourself up with a horrible diet, your body can reverse the damage, open back up the arteries—even reverse the progression of some cancers. Amazing! So it’s never too late to start exercising, never too late to stop smoking and never too late to start eating healthier.” -Michael Greger
Making my way along the surf coast walk to the finish line was a feeling I wish I could bottle. I smiled, I congratulated myself and I told other runners to hang in there, we were doing this. I think my enthusiasm and pace at this stage of the race was of an annoyance to some runners but I didn’t want to slow down.
Think you can’t live without cheese? Think again. Dairy free cheeses are a food group within its own right and the varieties available for us to sample are vast. From brie, cheddar, cream cheese and mozzarella there is not a cheese that can’t fulfil your foodie favourites such as pizza, toasted sandwiches even mac’n’cheese.
“He showed the words “chocolate cake” to a group of Americans and recorded their word associations. “Guilt” was the top response. If that strikes you as unexceptional, consider the response of French eaters to the same prompt: “celebration.” ― Michael Pollan, In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto
“It’s not like you wake up the next morning and feel ten times better. The changes are more gradual and you can see them better once you continue down the path for a while and then look back. In regards to competing and training I noticed my recovery times had shortened, that I was less injury prone, and had a higher level of energy.” – Scott Jurek, Ultramarathoner
Are you struggling to find that “get up and go” feeling in the morning? Lacking a little energy pre-workout or even suffering the 3:30itis and need a natural clean pick me up? Avoid the vending machine because we have the product for you. Supercharge your body with quality super foods and energising herbs that really make a difference.
Getting to know like-minded business owners who follow a plant-based diet is what makes our lifestyle so motivating. We sat down with Georgia Bamber, founder of Bare Bunny to find out what fuels her in work and play. Bare Bunny is focused on providing healthier, great tasting alternatives to the refined, processed foods. Amen to that.
Thanks for the quote Robert Downey, Jr. “If I could eat whatever I wanted everyday, I would have pizza with pasta carbonara inside every slice. And at night, I would have Neapolitan ice cream until I felt absolutely toxic. And then I would drift off telling myself, ‘Its going to be OK, you’re going to be OK, you’re going to train in the morning.’”