GSER Podcast – 3 women. 3 different stories
The GSER 100 – as it is known – is the hardest 100 mile trail race in the Southern Hemisphere and the 5th hardest in the world based on elevation gains. This race took runners from Mt Buller in the Victorian Alps to the town of Bright, a journey of 182km with over 10,00m of elevation gain and 11,000m of descending.
A race achieved with pure grit and determination and to finish was nothing short of extraordinary. Post race some of the questions asked of competitors were:
- Why would someone want to sign up for this race and how do you race it?
- How do you train for such an incredible race?
- Once completed what would you do differently if you were to do it again what advice do you have for someone contemplating such a race?
- Amanda Meggison – 1st Place Female Winner
- Cathy Duffy – 2nd Place Female
- Anne Mackie – First Female in the 60+ category
Time to listen
Put the kettle on, get comfortable and enjoy some time to listen to these 3 extraordinary women’s stories welcoming you into their world of endurance. Listen carefully because you just never know where this conversation might lead…..!
Listen here: Soundcloud – GSER