Things to do in a day
We are not trying to reinvent the wheel, we are just working hard to ensure it keeps turning. Welcome to our Planted Life.
Planted Life’s philosophy is simple; help improve the lives of active and health conscious individuals through better food choices, mindful practises and movement.
We preach to each of our tribe to live an authentic life; to wake up conscious of what the day ahead has to offer and to recognise that life happens, life goes on and life gets in the way but with each moment, we recommend you listen, hear, see and notice because life happens quicker as each day passes and we promise you, you don’t want to miss a single moment.
Today we welcome you to join us adopting the below daily habits that we have learnt to embrace in our lives. Many people promote the below; those who understand wellness will basically be talking the same talk when it comes to daily habits from sunrise to sunset and a common theme weaves its way amongst us all but we all have our own personal take on the execution of these daily habits. Welcome to ours.
- Wake to see a sunrise at least 3-4 times a week (minimum)
- If you set an alarm, get up as soon as the alarm goes off
- Drink a glass of water upon waking or better yet beetroot juice
- Be still with your thoughts (meditate) for at least 10 minutes
- Take 3 conscious deep breaths in and sigh out loud
- Write down your intentions/goals to achieve today
- Brew a cup of mushroom or tonic herbs
- Move with intent whether that we a morning walk, hike, run, ride or yoga practice
As the day draws to a close; start to close your body down to lean into the night adopting kind night time practises:
- Go to sleep early and at a regular time
- When required, fight the urge to push yourself outside of your regular routine
- Limit blue light exposure; computers, TVs and mobile devices
- Exhale. Take 3 conscious deep breaths in and exhale (sigh) out loud
- De-stress with a mug of mushrooms, tonic herbs or herbal tea at least 2 hours before bed
- Rub magnesium on your belly and bottom of your feet
- Dab a sleep balm behind your ears
- Retire, lie on your back and give yourself up to bed
There is no such thing as balance and we don’t strive for it either. We strive for happiness. Peace. Contentment. But most of all we strive for adventure.
Be Part of our Tribe.