A few questions to ask yourself. Do you:
- Have a running goal but not sure how to work towards it?
- Feel unsure about where and how to start?
- Lack motivation when it comes to exercise?
- Need a program in order to keep on track?
- Unsure if you are a natural born runner?
Whether you’re a weekend warrior or track specialist looking to build endurance, I coach to build on your run performance seeing you go from strength to strength. As a coach I am about building a strong foundation with a solid form incorporating slow and steady, tempo and fartlek runs through to my speciality; endurance & trail running.
I believe everyone can succeed at running, there are no such words as ‘I can’t run’. Like cooking, if you can read a recipe you can cook so if you can follow direction, put one foot in front of the other and adopt patience, you can run.
What do you need to do to become a Planted runner?
- Time & Commitment
- Drive & motivation
- Trust & belief
One on One Run Coaching Sessions
$42.2 per hour
- A 1-hour one-on-one personalised run coaching session that can be coached on an athletic track, park or local outdoors space incorporating hills and stairs
- Individual time trials for running gains and improvement
- Adelaide Metro & Hills area only
- With Planted Run Coach, Amanda Meggison
Run Advice Phone Consultation
$21.1 FOR 30MINS*
If you require help with race-specific training, assistance with your running form/technique or in-depth communication regarding gear and equipment for training and races but don’t require a one on one or premuim coaching plan then a phone consultation is just what you may need.
Please note, as each individuals needs vary, the costs involved may increase based on the advice given or length of the phone call.
*Fees may vary
Personalised Run Coaching PREMIUM
$135 per month*/$42.2 set up fee
- Program delivered via TrainingPeaks
- Premium TrainingPeaks athlete account (in-depth athlete metrics based on session outputs)
- Incorporation of cross training, strength training and recovery as part of the program
- Program considers your time restraints, work, personal life and running goals
- Runners injury prevention & maintenance guide
- 2 x weekly programming change
- Unlimited email communication (response within 1-2 days)
- Tracking and feedback on your runs
- Ongoing testing and results analysis
- Experience based nutrition advice
- Goal setting session
- Race planning and mental strategies
- Race day support (where appropriate)
- Discounts on Planted Life products and services (email for code)
- Perfect for trail and tarmac runners of any age and ability
- Comprehensive questionnaire/assessment provides an overview of you as a runner, your backgrounded and history, injuries and future goals and motivations for coaching
- Follow up communication (phone/messenger/skype/zoom) to further discuss your training, goals and motivations (20mins)
- Administration set-up costs
*Coaching fees are per calendar month + payable in advance of the coming month
Planted Runner Coach and Athlete Amanda Meggison
As a coach, I train for both trail and bitumen running in particular newbie runners who are looking for a new physical challenge.
I didn’t really find my running stride until the age of 32 when the guilt of driving to work in peak hour made me re think my mode of transport. From this day I started running to and from work, entering fun runs and then at the age of 37 I ran my first marathon. After running marathons for a few years, I started exploring the longer 100km distances after being inspired by my late No Limits Endurance coach (#stillmycoach) and friend, Craig Percival.
I love running the city streets and beach esplanades but my true love is spending time running on the trails and in the mountains. I enjoy the social and community spirit of running and sharing my passion for goal setting, improvement and exploration through coaching.
I coach to be inspired. Are you my next inspiration?
As a Coach
- Accredited Athletics & Recreational Running Coach – Level 1 & 2
- Working with Children holder (South Australia)
- First Aid and CPR
As a (plant-based) Athlete
Next Race: TBC (due to a torn soleus muscle I am currently in rehab phase)
Brookes Surf Coast Trail Marathon, 43km, Torquay VIC – DNF, Anglesea (25km) – 2:30:34
Tower Trail Run, 56km, Mount Gambier, SA – 3rd Female, 1st Place Age Category, 8th Overall 6:07:58
Cleland 50, 53km, Cleland National Park, SA – 2nd Female, 1st Place Age Category, 8th Overall 5:53:01
Belair Marathon, 42km, Belair National Park, SA – 2nd Female, 1st Place Age Category, 5th Overall 4:42:46
Five Peaks Ultramarathon, 58km, Athelstone to Belair, SA – 4th Female, 2nd Place Age Category, 41st Overall 7:17:24
The Archie, 52km, Mt Buller, VIC – 5th Female/5th Place Age Category/20th Overall 8:24:15
Surf Coast Century, 50km, Anglesea, VIC – 5th Female/2nd Place Age Category (40-49)/39th Overall 5:23:54
FKT (Fastest Known Time), 97.5km, Mornington Peninsula Walk, Victoria – Successful Unsupported Females (with Rowan Brookes) Overall 12:50:12
Hoka One One Isolation Running Festival, 100km Slam, Melbourne – 1st Female Overall 9:35:37
Sharpy’s Beer Run, 22km, Arthurs Seat, Victoria – 4th Female/2nd Place Age Category (41-50) 2:16:24
Warburton Trail Fest – Lumberjack Ultra, 50km, Warburton, Victoria – 5th Female/37th Overall 6:02:33
Oscars Hut2 Hut, 100km, Mt Buller, Victoria – Retired, Howqua Gap Hut (80km) – 16:38:08
Alpine Challenge, 100km, Falls Creek, Halls Gap – 4th Female 18:38:39
Brisbane Trail Ultra, 110km, Brisbane, Queensland – 4th Female/1st Place Age Category (40-44)/17th Overall 17:11:48
Oscars Hut2Hut, 100km, Mt Buller, Victoria – 2nd Female/19th Overall 21:53:16
Blackall 100, 100km, Mapleton, Queensland – 3rd Female/3rd Place Age Category (40-49)/18th overall 12:16:45
Yurrebilla 56km, Adelaide, SA – 4th Female/2nd Place Age Category (40-44) 6:13:13
Surf Coast Century Relay, 23km (Leg 4), Anglesea, VIC – 3rd Place (Mixed Team of 4) 2:05:43 (Overall 8:35:26)
Wonderland 36km, Halls Gap, VIC – 3rd Female/1st Place Age Category (40-49) 4:49:37
Ultra Trail Australia 100km, Blue Mountains, NSW – 16th Female/7th Place Age Category (40-49) 13:22:16
Buffalo Stampede SkyMarathon 42km, Mt Buffalo, VIC – 3rd Place Age Category (40-49) 5:36:32
Great Southern Endurance Run (GSER), 181km, Mt Buller to Bright, VIC – 1st Female, 1st Place Age Category (40-44) 47:05:01
Yurrebilla 56km, Adelaide, SA – 5th Female, 1st Place Age Category (40-44) 6:06:28
Surf Coast Trail Marathon 42(ish)km, Surf Coast, VIC – 3rd Female, 1st Place Age Category (36-55) 4:09:12
Park Run Australia 5km, Albert Park, VIC – 2nd Female/1st Place Age Category (40-44) 21:42
Ultra Trail Australia 100km, – Blue Mountains, NSW – 30th Female/9th Place Age Category (40-49) 14:01:14
Buffalo Stampede SkyMarathon 42km, Mt Buffalo, VIC – 1st Place Age Category (40-49) 6:22:19
Sharpy’s Beer Run 21km, Arthurs Seat, VIC – 3rd Place Female/1st Place Age Category (40-49) 2:16:09
Melbourne Marathon (First Marathon) 42.2km, Melbourne, VIC – 3:34:32
Where to run
Click on the links below to find a “fun run” or race near you!
Notable runs in Victoria
Two Bays Trail Run
Sharpy’s Beer Run
Trail Running Series
Sri Chinmoy Races
Surf Coast Trail Marathon
You Yang Running Festival
Sandy Point Half Marathon
Surf Coast Century
Warburton Trail Feast
Down Under 135
Great Ocean Road
Great Ocean Walk
Bogong to Hotham