Plant based protein
Feel rewarded after a workout
Have you ever done a kick-arse workout and then said to yourself ‘for that sweat session I deserve a reward?’ Thought so, we all have. But what you reward yourself with can either be complimentary or cancel it out.
If you are working out to reach a weight-loss goal then rewarding yourself with a donut, takeaway pizza or champagne is counter productive. More than likely this reward will add more calories on than you have just burnt off.
BUT reward yourself with a wholefood raw energy bar, almond butter and rice cakes or a glass of kombucha well now we are talking. What you consume post workout should benefit your waistline, your mindfulness and recovery; not hinder it.
Workouts can be tough both physically and mentally so in order to get through the session you need to have something to look forward to. Below is our list of recommended Tarian snacks that are part of our vegan diet, ideal for on the go too.
Favourite post training/workout fuel:
- Brown rice cakes topped with tahini (excellent source of calcium & protein), carob syrup sprinkled with cinnamon (anti-inflammatory)
- Vegetable sticks; celery, carrots, peppers, cucumber served with smashed avocado (hydration and a good source of good fats)
- Coconut yoghurt served with fresh berries and a paleo granola (antioxidants and protein)
- Green smoothie made with coconut water, pea protein, ginger and kale (protein and carbohydrates)
- Energy bars – raw wholefood bars with 100% natural ingredients, and we mean natural (protein and carbohydrates)
- Hummus served with rice cakes and vegetable sticks (protein and carbohydrates)
So next time you have worked up a sweat, what’s going to be your plant based protein reward?