Time to ditch the meat, fish and dairy and go plant based, we like you already.
Vegan diet plan
There are numerous reasons why you have chosen to adopt a plant based lifestyle so what ever the case, embrace and enjoy this journey as its nothing short of rewarding and delicious.
You might know friends, family or work colleagues who have thought of going vegan at some point in their lives but due to misinformation, no information, conflicting information or Pete Evans and this talk of this paleo thing they have become discouraged and given up only to go back to their old ‘easy’ habits of eggs bacon and chicken liver pate with paleo crackers.
But no more, its time to make his or her thoughts a reality as we know better than anyone that there is much to learn about a plant based diet. We want to arm you and your friends with sufficient information to see you all feeling powerful, confident and full of energy when adopting a plant based lifestyle.
7 ways to go meatless with ease
- Know your reasons why you have chosen to go plant based: environmental, weight loss, health, religion, ethics or to increase athletic performance. Keep focused on the goals and reasons as this will help keep you on track when times get tough.
- Be well informed and take responsibility for your choices. Learn what to eat, where to eat, where to shop and most importantly, learn how to cook. There will be obstacles but how you prepare yourself for them determines how difficult you find your plant based diet lifestyle choice.
- Stock your pantry with Tarian goodness and when doing so read the labels. Dairy products are well disguised in food products including crackers, chips, and pre made meals even soy yoghurts! We always recommend buying real foods such as fruit, vegetables, legumes, grains and beans.
- Plan your meals. As the saying goes, do you plan to fail or fail to plan? Explore meals to cook including different cuisines, which use a vast range of herbs and spices. Think outside the food box when it comes to breakfast, lunch and dinner and enjoy getting creative in the kitchen.
- Be inspired by vegan chefs and cooks. Explore their recipes, recommendations and inspiration by buying their cookbooks. Making this investment in your kitchen bookshelf will keep your meals exciting and stop you from eating the same meals over and over gain. There are hundreds if not thousands of meals to cook, make sure you explore all of them!
- Start small for big returns. If you are finding cutting out all animal & fish products in one foul swoop a challenge make a plan and remove food groups and foods one by one. Let your body adapt, even if this means going vegetarian before becoming 100% plant based.
- Be excited and proud by your decision to make change to your diet. Adopting a plant based diet is not only beneficial to your health but our environment too; it’s a win win for all.
We love talking food and are passionate about plant based living not to mention fitness. Tarian Pantry is your gateway to living, learning and thriving off a vegan diet. If you are still struggling to get over the hurdles that this dietary choice presents contact us, we would love to share this journey with you.