Welcome to 2014! This year is the start of something special right? Of course it is.
It’s a new year with new hopes, new dreams, untapped energy and motivation to clean up your diet and lifestyle after what might have been a bit of indulgent festive season. We are super happy to have you onboard.
The Tarian Pantry team is pumped for what 2014 has in store for us and we would love for you all to be part of our journey too. This year we are focusing on food + fitness.
Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect from us this year:
- Focus on plant-based foods; powered by plants
- Increase awareness & knowledge “we are what we eat”
- How to prepare & cook healthier and tastier meals
- Build your awareness that food can actually promote health
- Help you stock your pantry with superfoods, wholefoods and essential staples
- Understand and appreciate further how to fuel for fitness – it’s not all about gels & energy drinks
- See fitness as a lifestyle benefit not a lifestyle chore
- Set achievable goals whilst understanding how to push and challenge yourself
- Learn to love lycra and sweat sessions not to mention, the burn
- Remind you that you are training & racing against yourself
- Learn to be motivated by those around you not intimidated
- Fitness is not only about weight loss but also about creating healthy habits
We practice what we peach…we are 100% plant based and we train daily, sometimes twice daily because that’s how we roll!
We made a decision towards the end of 2013 that we would put a huge focus on training & fitness in 2014; to push our body and mind into the uncomfortable zone in order to become comfortable. This has scared us at times and not all training sessions are enjoyable but they do come with a huge amount of satisfaction.
Fitness is about understanding your limitations but also having someone help you go beyond what you believe your limitations to be. As any personal trainer or coach would say, you can always give a little bit more and a bit more after that.
Food is no different. We sometimes tell ourselves when looking at how we eat, that we could not live without this or how could be cook without that. We are here to tell you, you can do anything you just need to believe you can. We believe (& know) you can cook and eat a diet rich in plant-based foods and we want to encourage you to add more of this goodness into your daily diet in order to benefit what we call the ‘Tarian lifestyle diet’.
The Tarian Lifestyle diet is not about counting calories, not about categorising food as good vs bad but more having you eat what you want, when you want because what you are eating is beneficial, tasty with little to no processing.
We want you to embrace the kale, goji berries and quinoa and have these foods as the norm in your daily diet not just something you eat during a detox period.
So there you have it, some of our plans & goals for the year ahead, we told you it was going to be something special.
Join us on our journey via our website & social media pages and if you want to really do as we do, we can personally coach you through food & fitness to see you make some lifestyle changes that will last a lifetime.
Eat well. Train well. Be well.